What's a CRACK Agile customer you might ask?
- Collaborative: they will engage with their customer peers and with the development team
- Representative: they know the product or system requirements and can represent their constituents accurately
- Authorized: they can make the decisions needed to keep velocity up, and their decisions stick!
- Committed: they take their job seriously and make every effort to advance project success
- Knowledgeable: they can understand what the developers are telling them in the context of the business or market situation
If you're curious about the agile/traditional thing, and agile stuff in general, take a look at other Boehm'isms on agile in his book, with Richard Turner, "Balancing Agility and Discipline: a guide for the perplexed", published by Addison-Wesley in 2004. It's got some really good things to offer.