In the beginning, there was pre-history Agile, almost prehistoric era:
- Before 2000 and the meeting in Utah that birthed modern Agile
- Rogue developers trying various "light weight" and "rapid" prototyping and coding practices. In the SEI world, a ghastly level 1 operation of different strokes for different folks
- Everyone else slaving to command and control -- SEI maturity model uber alles!
- Passionate, almost hysterical, disciples of the paradigm handed down from the Utah mountain
- There is no God but the one Agile God
- "You just don't get it" if you question us
- Push back from the money crowd: "I'm not going to put money into something that has no plan"
- Distinguished Agilists are writing and coaching for the real world where every sprint does not put code into production (shocking!)
- Every deliverable with value is not necessarily code (imagine! other stuff has value-add)
- You're actually allowed to not have a retro session after every sprint; some stuff does not need to be completed after every sprint
- The product owner and customer/user can be surrogates for large organizations
- Plans can be drawn, and a business case for the money guys!
- Stories can be detailed out as requirements
What more on agile? Available now! The second edition .........
Read in the library at Square Peg Consulting about these books I've written
Buy them at any online book retailer!
Read my contribution to the Flashblog