So, here we go again, yet another list. In this case: five paradoxes, but nonetheless attention-getting. As written by Tomas Nielsen and Patrick Meehan, we're told:
- Radically innovate while optimizing operations
- Compete in sprints while delivering long term value
- Integrate external partners while acting as a single entity
- Recognize that providing immediate digital value plays a large role in sales but that more value is delivered over time.
- Provide technologically enabled offerings while focusing on value, not technology
It seems to me the hard stuff for project managers is #3: building mixed and virtual teams that you want to:
- Act more homogeneously than they really are;
- Operate more efficiently than they really will do; and
- Not change the culture too much (if you like your culture)
Conflict resolution skills required here ....
Read in the library at Square Peg Consulting about these books I've written
Buy them at any online book retailer!
Read my contribution to the Flashblog