Agile Principle 5: Build projects around motivated individuals. Give them the environment and support they need, and trust them to get the job done.
Trust them to get the job done. What job?
- Is it the job described in the business plan and in subsequent project plans, albeit lean plans consistent with the Agile Manifesto?
- Is it the job that has been estimated and scheduled?
- Is it the job as interpreted in near real time by the functional user?
- Is it the job that evolves over several iterations and is adapted to the emergent value proposition?
Trust them to get the job done. What’s the definition of “DONE”?
- Is it done when time/money runs out?
- Is it done when the backlog is fully exhausted?
- Or, is it done when the customer says it's done, or someone else says it is done?
If you can't give a 30 second elevator speech on each of these to the satisfaction of sponsor, product owner, and customer/user, you are not ready for prime time
Read in the library at Square Peg Consulting about these books I've written
Buy them at any online book retailer!
Read my contribution to the Flashblog