- As integrating mechanisms enabling cross-functional integration
- As contractual arrangements between markets and hierarchies
- As time-limited teams working towards stipulated deadlines
- As temporary organizations with distinctive characteristics as compared to the permanent organization
- As effective tools in organizing product development
- As the natural work form in … [high tech] companies, and
- As the core units of analysis for understanding the production of high cost, complex products and systems …”
How about something more compelling? How about: Projects are instruments of strategy; projects are the means to lift all beneficiaries to a better place?
And, you might ask: What is strategy that projects are instruments thereof? Strategy is the plan for the path to the future:
Strategy is about doing similar activities in a different way that achieves goals more effectively; or doing different things than those that are customary to achieve goals.