- Recognize individual engagement is easier if there is a sense of collective engagement.
- Appeal to the emotions of both individuals and the group, encourage collaboration.
- ShowClearly a players progress through ‘experience bars’ and similar.
- Provide multiple long and short term aims.
- Reward effort; provide graduated and scaled rewards.
- Provide rapid, frequent and clear feedback with windows of enhanced learning.
- Create an element of uncertainty, the occasional exceptional reward
Watch the video: there's something to learn: