In the end, it's all about the strategy for adoption. I first wrote about this back in 2009 where I laid out the work of Everett Rogers
What are some strategy elements that the project could be responsible for?
- Train ambassadors and support their deployment in the business to recruit disciples
- Support pilot or beta releases to test the water and gather feedback
- Develop communication artifacts, to include workshops, to inform the beneficiaries
- Plan for the influence of the customer or the sponsor to be felt in the project plan
- Actively work on project nemisis' to bring them around to a supporting position
- Keep the project sold at the executive level; anticipate change to be led from the top
- Buy into a change management strategy something like "Kotter's 8"
Not sure getting ready for adoption should be a project responsibility? Think about this: a project success without a business success is really not a success at all. Sub-optimizing on a narrow idea of project success may actually be a going out of business strategy!
Bookmark this on Delicious